Monday, November 12, 2018
Saturday, October 27, 2018
|Sharktooth Trim Cartridge + Triple-Off-Set Butterfly = Sharktooth Control Valve|
Sharktooth™ Control Valves, by Yeary Controls, provide all the latest in control valve innovation, technology and valve acoustics. By inserting the patented Yeary Controls Throttling Trim Cartridges into their Triple Eccentric Butterfly Valves, control valves are created that exhibit significant improvements in performance, simplicity, and economy.
Sharktooth™ control valves have excellent throttling characteristics and, also, provide aerodynamic noise attenuation, and liquid cavitation reductions. They are suitable for a wide range of services from cryogenic temperatures, up to 850° F, including liquids, gasses, and steam.
The Sharktooth “Throttling Trim Cartridge” is used to turn the Yeary Triple-Off-Set Butterfly Valves into excellent throttling control valves. Now, just one style of valve can be used for both on-off and control applications.
Get the Sharktooth™ Control Valve Brochure at this link.
Get the Sharktooth™ Control Valve Brochure at this link.
Contact Swanson Flo for more information.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
From simple pneumatically or electrically actuated valves, to fully automated critical valve systems, Swanson Flo delivers tested, certified, and extremely reliable product every time. Actuated valve assemblies precisely engineered for the best fit, highest performance, and optimal life.
With decades of combined experience and knowledge, Swanson Flo technicians match state-of-art components with best-in-class manufacturers and deliver carefully crafted valve packages.
Swanson Flo customers always receive the highest quality and best value possible. Their strong reputation was built upon:
- The largest, most comprehensive facility in the Midwest.
- In-house capabilities for all electric, pneumatic and electro-hydraulic actuators.
- Experienced design engineering and fabrication.
- Support for assembly of all valve, actuator, monitor and positioner technologies.
- Complete solution for testing and serialization.
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Control valve actuators control fluid in a pipe by varying the orifice size through which the fluid flows. Control valves contain two major components: the valve body and the valve actuator. The valve body provides the fluid connections and a movable restrictor comprised of a valve stem and plug that is in contact with the fluid that varies the flow. The valve actuator is the component that physically moves the restrictor to vary the fluid flow.
The video below introduces the viewer to basic control valve operation concepts and the basic types of actuators.
Monday, September 24, 2018
Here is a new Product Catalog for Flowserve Worcester Control industrial ball valves, pneumatic actuators and electric actuators, courtesy of Swanson Flo. These include standard flanged ball valves, ANSI and DIN specifications in reduced and full bore, three-piece valves for cryogenic, high pressure, steam, diverter or sampling duty, high integrity valves, multi-way designs, modulating controls or customized solutions.
Monday, September 17, 2018
|Process Instrumentation for the Chemical Industry (Foxboro - Schneider Electric)|
Foxboro’s complete line of robust, field-proven instrumentation provides measurement solutions for temperature, pressure, flow, process analysis, level, and data acquisition. Additionally, our line of valve positioners offers the highest accuracy in the industry.
You may download a PDF version of the Foxboro "Process Instrumentation for the Chemical Industry" brochure here, or view the embedded document below. For more information on Foxboro instrumentation contact Swanson Flo by visiting https://swansonflo.com or by calling 800-288-7926.
Tuesday, August 28, 2018
|Cryogenic Ball Valve (Flowserve Worcester)|
Cryogenic ball valves are high-performance shutoff valves for intermittent and continuous flow applications with temperatures to -425°F. They are used on tough applications involving all types of cryogens, such as oxygen, hydrogen, methane, ammonia, nitrogen, fluorine, LNG and deuterium.
Cryogenic ball valves include unique features to ensure safety and performance in cryogenic applications. Central to the cryogenic design is a rugged, one-piece, pressure safe stem with a Polyfill thrust bearing and stainless steel split ring. It provides design safety and low operational torque. Polyfill seats give you tight shutoff throughout the temperature range. With an orientation-controlled stem/ball connection and an upstream hole in the ball, you get positive overpressure protection.
Summary of specialized design features:
|Brass Cryogenic Ball Valve|
- Positive Ball Cavity Relief – An upstream relief hole in the ball prevents dangerous overpressure due to thermal expansion. On extended stem valves through 2", a one-piece stem with alignment pin assures proper orientation of the ball.
- Pressure Safe Stem – Both one-piece and two-piece, assembled inside-the-body stems are safe from blowout and are supported with Polyfill® thrust washers.
- Zero Leak Packing – Belleville live-loaded TFE packing rings and stem centering followers assure zero leakage through the toughest, high-cycle applications.
- Effective Bonnet Extensions – The stem extensions of cryogenic valves conform to standard industrial practices. That means wall thickness and lengths that keep heat transfer down, the packing frost-free, operational torques low, and actuators solidly supported.
- High-Performance/Low-Thermal Stress – The special “part compatibility” design of valve parts, Polyfill seats and body seals assure tight shutoff, zero body leakage and low torque through large thermal excursions from ambient to -425°F.
Cryogenic valves are normally available in four body configuration, in either stainless steel or brass:
- Three-piece construction - makes it easy to install, versatile in application and simple to maintain.
- The cryogenic diverter valve - accepts media through the bottom inlet port and directs it to one of two side ports.
- The wafer design - a flangeless cryogenic valve that mounts between ANSI Class 150 or 300 flanges.
- A flanged design - has a body cast with ANSI Class 150 flanges.
Application for cryogenic ball valves:
- Over-the-Road LNG-LPG Trailers
- Terminal Unloading Stations
- High-Purity Cryogenic/Gas Systems
- LNG Storage and Distribution
- CO2 and Nitrogen Injection for Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Over-the-Road CO2, LNG, Food Carriers
- Petroleum Refining Unleaded Gasoline (Gas Treatment Skids)
- Lyophilization Systems
- Air Separation Plants
- Liquid and Gaseous Oxygen
- Inerting and Heat Treatment